Associate Vice Chancellor Rand featured at International Women’s Day Event
Women & Gender in Global Perspectives and the Humanities Research Institute present the International Women’s Day event “12 Women Who Changed the World: Untold Stories.” Associate Vice Chancellor for Native Affairs Jacki Thompson Rand is a featured speaker at the event along with 11 other presenters.
This annual event brings together faculty, staff, students, and community members to recognize people who have made a difference in academia. Each speaker will have five minutes to tell the story of a woman in their discipline who changed the field in important ways.
Other Speakers include:
- Andreas C. Cangellaris, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost
- Carol Ammons, Illinois State Representative
- James Anderson, College of Education
- Ana Barros, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Dawn Blackman, Randolph St. Community Garden
- Latrelle Bright, Department of Theatre
- Enoma Egiebor, UIUC Student Body President
- Kat Fuenty, Asian American Studies
- Patty Jones, Beckman Institute
- C. Kemal Nance, Department of Dance, African American Studies Department
- Angharad N. Valdivia, Department of Latina/Latino Studies
The event is March 8 from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Levis Faculty Center on the third floor located on 919 W. Illinois St., Urbana, IL 61801.
The event is free and open to the public in person or by live stream, which can be accessed here. It is co-sponsored by the Women’s Resources Center and the Department of Gender and Women’s Studies.
For more information, please visit the Humanities Research Institute website.