Survey Analyst – Academic Hourly
Office of Academic Inclusive Excellence
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Office of Academic Inclusive Excellence is seeking a Survey Analyst to analyze and interpret survey data. This role will include determining survey objectives and suggesting or testing question wording. This position may assist with planning, developing, and/or administering surveys and focus groups.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit: http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and interpret the meaning of survey data using statistical software. (25%)
- Review, classify, and record survey data in preparation for computer analysis. (20%)
- Support, plan, and coordinate analyses for single or multiple surveys. (15%)
- Prepare and present summaries and analyses of survey data, including tables, graphs, and fact sheets that describe survey techniques and results. (10%)
- Determine and specify details of survey projects, including sources of information, procedures to be used, and the design of survey instruments and materials. (10%)
- Consult with departments and research teams in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of surveys. (5%)
- Administer surveys and collect data, using methods such as interviews, questionnaires, focus groups, peer institution surveys, literature reviews, and file reviews. (5%)
- Monitor, evaluate, and update survey implementation and methods based on sample disposition reports and response rate calculations. (5%)
- Produce documentation of the questionnaire development process, data collection methods, sampling designs, and decisions related to sample statistical weighting. (3%)
- Conduct research in order to gather information about survey topics. (1%)
- Train data collectors. (1%)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred) in informatics, social science, education, or a similar field.
- Experience using SPSS, SAS, Stata, R, and similar analytics programs.
- Experience managing, preparing, and analyzing raw data using above-mentioned analytics programs.
- Experience programming complex survey instruments using SurveyGizmo, Qualtrics, and/or Webtools.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several projects concurrently.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with department heads, faculty, graduate students, undergraduate students, and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse office environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Experience working with sensitive data.
Hourly rate will be commensurate with training and experience
Email a cover letter and resume to Kaamilyah Abdullah-Span at email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 11, 2020.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.