The information on this page is for the 2019-2020 academic year. Updates for 2020-2021 will be made after August 14, 2020. For the most current information, please see the We Care website.
Anyone who believes they have experienced Sexual Misconduct at the University has the right – and may initiate – a complaint with an appropriate state or federal compliance agency. Students and employees may file Sexual Misconduct complaints with the Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR). Students may also file complaints with the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR). In addition, any University employee may file a complaint with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Sexual harassment between employees can also be reported confidentially to the Office of the Executive Inspector General (OEIG). Contact information for each agency appears below.
Illinois Department of Human Rights
222 S. College St.
Springfield, IL 62704
Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Education
500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475
Chicago, IL 60661
U. S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
500 West Madison Street, Suite 2000
Chicago, IL 60661
Office of Executive Inspector General
To file a complaint with the Office of Executive Inspector General:
- Complete a form online form at www.inspectorgeneral.illinois.gov;
- Call the Office’s toll-free hotline at (866) 814-1113;
- Mail a completed complaint form to:
Office of Executive Inspector General for the Agencies of the Illinois Governor,
Attention Complaint Division,
69 West Washington Street, Suite 3400, Chicago, IL 60602;
- Fax a completed complaint form to (312) 814-5479;
- Contact the Office by telecommunications device for the disabled (TTY) at (888) 261-2734; or
- Schedule an appointment with the Office at its Chicago or Springfield locations.
The OEIG may accept complaints filed anonymously.