University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion

Report an Incident

Report an Incident

Complaints of Discrimination or Harassment

Complaints regarding discrimination or harassment can be made to the Office for Access & Equity. For more information on filing a complaint of discrimination or harassment, please visit the Office for Access & Equity website.

Concerns about Negative Behavior and Campus Belonging

If you have a concern about behavior that negatively affect the climate of inclusion and belonging on campus, you can share your concern with the Campus Belonging staff in the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.

Reporting an Incident of Sexual Misconduct

Deciding to report sexual misconduct and choosing how to proceed are difficult decisions. We recognize that your feelings about whether to report an incident may change over time. If you are unsure about what you would like to do, you can learn more about the help available to you on the University of Illinois We Care site: I Want to Talk to Someone.

To better understand all of your reporting options, please refer to I Want to Report an Incident and the FAQs about Reporting on the We Care site.

By using this online reporting form, you are submitting information to the University of Illinois Title IX Office and the Office for Access & Equity.

For an accessible version of this report form, please use the Accessible Title IX Report Form.

Reporting a Barrier to Access

Barriers to access may include things such as inaccessible websites, videos without captions, a blocked access ramp, facility issues, or other lack of access to an event or program. 

Your response will be shared with the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access & Equity.

Reporting to External Agencies

Anyone who believes they have experienced discrimination or harassment, including sexual misconduct, at the University of Illinois has the right – and may initiate – a complaint with an appropriate state or federal compliance agency. Students and employees may file Sexual Misconduct complaints with the Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR). Students may also file complaints with the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR). In addition, any University employee may file a complaint with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Contact information for each agency appears below.

Illinois Department of Human Rights

Springfield Office
535 West Jefferson
1st Floor
Intake Unit
Springfield, IL 62702

Phone: (217) 785-5100
TTY: (866) 740-3953
FAX: (217) 785-5106

Chicago Office
100 West Randolph Street
10th Floor
Intake Unit
Chicago, IL 60601

Phone: (312) 814-6200
TTY: (866) 740-3953
FAX – Administration: (312) 814-1436
FAX – Charge Processing: (312) 814-6251

Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Education

Chicago Office
U.S. Department of Education
John C. Kluczynski Federal Building
230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor
Chicago, IL 60604
Phone: (312) 730-1650

U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

JCK Federal Building
230 S Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60604

Phone: (312) 872-9744
Toll Free: (800) 669-4000
TTY: 1-866-740-3953
ASL Video Phone: 844-234-5122